Sunday, March 8, 2015

50 Days of Transformation - Mental Health


Change Your Life By Changing Your Mind
Proverbs 4:23
God loves you just the way you are.  He loves you unconditionally.  But he loves you too much to let you stay that way.  So he wants to help you grow.  He wants to help you become more like his Son.
Why I Must Manage My Mind
·  Because whatever or whoever gets your attention gets you. Romans 8:6
·  Because mind is the battleground for sin.  Romans 7:22-23
The devil wants to capture, control, and corrupt the minds of men.
How Temptation works - James 1:14-15
Step 1: Desire -
Step 2: Doubt - “Did God really say...?”
Step 3: Deception -
Step 4: Disobedience & Defeat - Psalm 119:112
Three Enemies of Freedom 1 John 2:16
·  Our old nature.  Romans 7:23
·  The world’s value system  1 John 2:16
·  Satan.  I John 4:4b
Strongholds  2 Corinthians 10:3-5
·  A lie that I believe over God’s truth. 
·  A false value system or world view I have adopted from the culture. 
·  A damaging personal attitude or behavior. 
·  A worry about yourself or another.
How to Overcome Strongholds
§ Claim God’s power over your weakness. 
§ Expose the lie!
§ Recapture your mind for God. 
§ Submit your thoughts to God.
Three Daily Choices For A Healthy Mind
1.     I must feed my mind with truth.   Matthew 4:4
2.     I must free my mind from destructive thoughts.  Romans 8:5
3.     I must I must focus my mind on the right things.
·      Think about Jesus.  2 Timothy 2:8 ;  Hebrews 12:3
·      Think about others.  Philippians 2:4;  Hebrews 10:24

·      Think about eternity.  Colossians 3:2;  1 Corinthians 2:9

Devotional Archive