Thursday, March 5, 2020


Thursday, March 5, 2020

In every action of life man is confronted with a choice; and he can never evade the choice.  William Barclay


Many of us struggle trying to figure out what God wants us to do in specific situations. But much of what He desires for our lives is already revealed in the Bible.

Let’s take the Ten Commandments as an example. From the Ten Commandments we know that God does not want us to steal, kill, or lie. We know from the Ten Commandments that God wants us to worship Him and honor Him with our lives.

When we follow the 95% of God’s will that we know, the other 5% becomes easier to understand.

You see God is concerned about us and He has given us some basic commandments to follow. -
Your word is a lamp to my feet, And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

God can be trusted even when we don’t understand everything. He is the Mt. Everest of trust.

·         If we are faithless (or untrustworthy), He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself.
 II Timothy. 2:13

·         God, who has called you into fellowship with his son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
 I Corinthians. 1:9

·         No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.   I Corinthians. 10:13

·         Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

Are you willing to decide to come through Him? - I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.  John 10:7 

Many of the choices we make in life are about paths. Which path is right?
Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life.  And there are few who find it.
Matthew 7:13

How you know you are on the right path?  Look for these signs:

1.    By the changes in your character?

2.    By your daily self-denial?

3.    By your desire for the things of Christ

4.    By the few who go with you 

Commitment is following the next revealed step of God for your life.

What is God calling you to?  Is it time to be baptized, is it time to start witnessing, is it time to enter into service?  The cross is the gate to eternal life - discipleship is the way.  You can preach it, point at it or stand by it, but until you enter it there is no reward.

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish~ but understand what the will of the Lord is.  Ephesians 5:15-17

Devotional Archive