Friday, April 24, 2020

We All Need Each Other

Friday, April 24, 2020 Submitted by Donnie O’Fallon
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A chord or three strands is not quickly broken.  Ecclesiastes 4:12 
We All Need Each Other
The COVID19 experience has impacted all of us in different ways. For me, the above scripture was brought to mind, and it has reminded me and made me more aware of the statement we’ve all heard, “No man/woman is an island.” This experience has also made me realize that I need and miss being with my friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ. Brother Van has often said, “life is about relationships and if you can’t do relationships, you can’t do life!” We need one another. I have determined to do all that I can during this time, and beyond that, I will do all that I can do now to strengthen every relationship in my life.

Ever see a flock of geese in the Fall flying in that “V” formation? Scientists have determined that there is an aero dynamic that occurs in this formation, fighting a head wind. When the lead bird tires, he /she will fall back in the “V” formation and another takes the lead thus maintaining that aero dynamic, making it easier on all the flock. They need each other.

 As human beings, we’re created for community. We need each other physically and especially spiritually. Alone and isolated, we’re more vulnerable. We need relationships with each other for encouragement, refreshment, and growth. In 1 Corinthians 12:21 NIV, Paul reminds us as he uses the analogy of the human body, The eye cannot say to the hand, I don’t need you! And the head cannot say to the feet, I don’t need you!

WE ALL NEED JESUS AND WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER!

I close with a final passage from Ephesians 3:16 NIV to encourage you:
I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being.

Devotional Archive