Friday, February 28, 2020

Toward Christian Maturity by Donnie O’Fallon

Friday, February 28, 2020

Toward Christian Maturity by Donnie O’Fallon

I’m sure you have appreciated as I have, the messages that Brother Van and Sam have shared with us thus far in 2020. They are motivating us toward growth in the Grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. As you grow in your relationship with God, as a believer, it’s natural for you to want to know Jesus better. As we begin to grow, we will discover that the completeness of our life is truly in Him: “...in Him you have been made complete...” Colossians 2:10a. Jesus wants us to have and know “Abundant life”, that can only come from Him and to allow Him to become involved in every intimate part of our lives. His desire is to lead us beyond ourselves and to allow Christ to assume full direction and control. As we learn to do this, we will experience a personal relationship with God that becomes sweeter every day.

*  Do Your Part - God helps you grow as a Christian, but you must put forth the effort to do your part. Jesus stated to his disciples, If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
*  Live in the Word -  We’ve heard Brother Van say, “your growth and faith is in direct proportion to your knowledge of the Word of God.” 1 Peter 2:2 says Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word, so you may grow in in respect to salvation. You see as we daily read the Word, the Word begins to change us, moving us toward personal development and spiritual growth.
*  Pray in Faith - Prayer is communion with God. It is Worship. It is learning to talk to Him throughout the day. It is to believe His promises.  If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, ask what you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7  He also tells us in His Word, that He delights in the prayer of His people. As we pray, we gain new strength daily.
*  Fellowship with Gods people, other believers, through His Church - Everyone will know you are my disciples (disciplined followers) of Jesus, when you love others.
John 13:34-35
.
*  Minister and Witness - Finally as we mature, we learn that we are to minister to others and share our witness with others of God’s Grace in our lives. In John 15:8 Jesus speaks these words - My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.


I pray for each one to come to this place of commitment that you can pray, “Heavenly Father, I want to be more like You. I commit myself to daily let your Word speak to me and to pray daily for your guidance, leading and strength. Help me to love you more and strengthen me to love others and teach me to share my story with them”. Amen!

Devotional Archive